launcher (graphic front end ) for o2em under linux
We saw there is a nice application called o2emlauncher to ease o2em use. Unfortunately it only exists on windows. What does exists under linux ?
Well according to my knowledge, untill yesterday there was nothing. But for some reasons that i won't detail at once, but only later, I absolutely wanted to use and make my children use o2em under linux OS. So I developped a launcher for o2em.
It is an open source application. The project is hosted at sourceforge sourceforge, it is called jo2emlauncher.
It is a java application, thus it should work under win, OSX, and other OSes. It is still in the beta stages, but as my children have been using it for a whileI think it is enough stabel to be usable.
Here is a screen capture :
For those who want to start from sources, a readme file is provided.
For thos who want it more simple :
- install the binary o2em emulvideopac001-linux-x86.tgz
- unzip media in same directory (cartridge covers and screenshots) emulvideopac-media001.tgz
- place jar file jo2emLauncher-1.0-BETA-001.jar in o2em directory
- launch application with java -jar o2emlauncher-r1.0-BETA_001.jar
I am seeking for any feedback
- some translations to other languages
- some requests for features
- some bug reports
- some reports of test for any OS
- some set of parameters
- some request for help
Hope you will enjoy ...